Insolvency / Bankruptcy
- Insolvency / Bankruptcy
McKays has developed a formidable reputation in the reconstruction and insolvency field based on our involvement in some of the most contentious litigation and complicated restructuring projects in this field.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Reconstruction and turnarounds of distressed entities
- Corporate insolvency and administration
- Personal Property Securities Act, Bankruptcy Act and Corporations Act.
- Creditor claims, including against insolvent or bankrupt debtors
- Shareholder actions to wind up corporations
- Helping individuals who are declared bankrupt, have been threatened with bankruptcy or are considering voluntary bankruptcy
- Acting for receivers, liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy
- Acting for directors, owners and joint venturers in stressful financial situations
- Defending directors from claims of insolvent trading, tax liabilities and other fallout from a corporate collapse
We provide tailored expertise for clients seeking to proactively manage risk, develop restructuring strategies and produce work-out proposals.
We act for major financial institutions and insolvency practitioners including Westpac Bank, BHP, AusWide Bank, among others. Our expertise is not limited to financiers, or large matters. We cover the field and service the needs of clients at all levels. This is a strong part of our unique focus and enables us to consider the many aspects of insolvency. It sets us apart at all levels.
The McKays Insolvency team is focused on getting the outcome you want from a commercial, legal, tactical and practical perspective. We present legal solutions in clear and simple language without unnecessary legal jargon. Our advice is practical and driven towards the objective of realising value with minimal outlay.
Whether you are a creditor seeking recovery of a debt, a director, shareholder or individual facing the prospect of insolvency or bankruptcy, or a receiver, liquidator or trustee in bankruptcy, McKays can guide you through all aspects of the legal process and advise you how to achieve the result you desire.